ExpressMed is a sales leader in the health and wellness category on Amazon and other e-commerce marketplaces. We’ve developed a program which allows us to optimize and grow sales for brands in the health and medical space by partnering with them and using our expertise to leverage their business assets. At ExpressMed, we are focused on putting healthcare back into the hands of patients by providing the resources and tools necessary to make informed purchasing decisions they can feel confident about.
If you think you're a good fit please send an email with your contact information, resume, and a brief paragraph about yourself to email@example.com. We will forward your information to the right person within our organization to follow up with you.
The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for developing sourcing strategies to grow the ExpressMed catalog offering on Amazon and other e-commerce marketplaces. This role will develop and execute best practices in sourcing inventory and supply chain management to maximize sales, profits, and inventory turns.
We are looking for a smart, analytical, and innovative team player that will support rapid growth as well as our long-term business strategy. The successful Purchasing Analyst has superb business judgement and strong skills in working collaboratively and cross functionally to deliver results. This position will report to our company Director of Operations.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with Operations, Procurement and Sales teams on providing pricing audits
• Research and analyze pricelists to find fast-selling items while maintaining high margins. Excellent Excel skills a must
• Make inquiries and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and selection
• Prepare purchase orders based on the highest margin products, review requisitions for goods and services
• Monitor inventory turns and replenishment needs
• Accurately report all project milestones to upper management
• Analyze different commodity markets to understand trends and supplier price comparison
• As bandwidth permits, there will be opportunities for personal growth provided through assisting with other company analytical projects.
• New Procurement Analysis – for each Marketplace channel
o Conduct market research and identify new buying opportunities for the ExpressMed Catalog, taking competitor pricing into consideration.
o Contact suppliers and negotiate best pricing
o Create margin analysis reports with all costs and fees built-in
o Review and report to stakeholders to collaborate on which products to purchase
o Work closely with Operations Team to onboard new products. Add products to database, collect all necessary assets
o Use tools to suggest opening order quantities and sell prices
o Set replenishment levels and customize alerts for products
• Ongoing monthly analysis
o Use reporting to conduct monthly catalog review of current products to maintain optimum margins
o Use reporting to analyze fulfillment reports and identify low inventory turns, excess inventory, stale inventory, close to expiration, etc.
o Identify opportunities and programs within each Marketplaces to capitalize on
Additionally, there will be opportunity for the ideal candidate to further their business knowledge by assisting with other cross-functional team projects, as bandwidth permits.
What you'll need:
• Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of prior relevant experience
• Excellent Excel skills required - Ability to analyze large sets of data with fine attention to detail
• Amazon Seller Central Marketplace experience a major plus, but not required
• Strong self-direction and initiative; willingness to take complete ownership over specific activities while adapting to quickly changing priorities
• Ability to identify, adapt and respond to any product or supply chain issues
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with multiple departments
• Very strong critical thinking with the ability to look beyond specific processes
• Team player and leader
• Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
• Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
Working for ExpressMed:
As a fast-growing, internet-based company, we have a smart, passionate work environment that gives you the freedom and opportunity to excel and advance. If you are enjoy creating innovative solutions and strategies to solve problems, there's a good chance you're a fit for our team!
• A fun, start-up style office environment, where everyone contributes to our success
• Work with team of talented, smart colleagues who are dedicated to helping people
• Professional growth opportunities and on-the-job education from experienced mentors
• Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents
• Paid holidays each year
• Regular employee events
• Optional Stand-up DeskExpressMed is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available. Candidates must successfully pass a background check prior to beginning work. While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear. The employee will frequently be required to stand, sit, uses hands to finger, reach with arms, type, handle or feel. This job operates in a professional work environment and will routinely use standard office equipment. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.