ExpressMed is a sales leader in the health and wellness category on Amazon and other e-commerce marketplaces. We’ve developed
a program which allows us to optimize and grow sales for brands in the health and medical space by partnering with them and using
our expertise to leverage their business assets. At ExpressMed, we are focused on putting healthcare back into the hands of patients
by providing the resources and tools necessary to make informed purchasing decisions they can feel confident about.
If you think you may be a good fit, please send an email with your contact information, resume, and a brief paragraph about yourself to email@example.com. We will forward your information to the right person within our organization to follow up with you.
The Controller will plan, perform, & direct the accounting operations of the company. In addition, this role will be at point for our
engagement with TriNet, our Professional Employer Organization partner, and all human resource related matters.
What you'll do:
- All financial reporting and processing.
o Conduct month end close process, including internal and external financial reports.
o Prepare, verify, analyze and interpret financial statements for reporting.
o Ensure that all financial reporting is accurate by monitoring that all procedures are followed through on-going
o Direct and/or assist in the development of budgets, forecasts and profitability.
o Monitor Company’s financial reports and determine ways to reduce costs.
o Implement a solid organization of internal control procedures and improvements for the accounting system.
o Assist in developing short- and long-range accounting and organizational objectives to ensure that accounting
records, data and statistics meet the needs of management.
o Provide assistance and serve as a liaison with other departments, units and organizations of the Company with
questions and/or discrepancies.
o Prepare weekly cash report and bank/payment (Credit Card & Channel) reconciliations
- Lead monthly financial review call with Company Owners and Leadership Team.
- Inventory Valuation Process.
- 401K Plan Administration and Annual Benefit Renewal.
- Process payroll through HR partner TriNet.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Oversees elements of the Accounting Department, to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, month end process, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees all Human Resource related matters while engaging with Professional Employer Organization partner TriNet for guidance and best practices.
- Review and approve monthly Sales Tax Returns prepared by Avalara, and assesses the need for Sales Tax registrations in additional states.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including data manipulation, creating pivot tables, wizard, v-lookups and graphing using Excel.
- Excellent Excel skills required - Ability to analyze large sets of data with fine attention to detail
- Amazon Seller Central Marketplace experience a major plus, but not required
- Team player and leader
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.
Working for ExpressMed:
As a fast-growing, internet-based company, we have a smart, passionate work environment that gives you the freedom and
opportunity to excel and advance. If you are enjoy creating innovative solutions and strategies to solve problems, there's a good
chance you're a fit for our team!
- A fun, start-up style office environment, where everyone contributes to our success
- Work with team of talented, smart colleagues who are dedicated to helping people
- Professional growth opportunities and on-the-job education from experienced mentors
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents
- Paid holidays each year
- Regular employee events
- Optional Stand-up Desk
ExpressMed is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
without support; sponsorship is not available. Candidates must successfully pass a background check prior to beginning work. While
performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear. The employee will frequently be required to
stand, sit, uses hands to finger, reach with arms, type, handle or feel. This job operates in a professional work environment and will
routinely use standard office equipment. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.